Tuesday, October 23, 2007

1st Draft Finished

I've finished the first draft of my first non-fiction chapter book. It's a historical piece about the Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919. I'm having a little trouble thinking it feels too much like a term paper!


Anyone interested in the disaster should check out Stephen Puleo's Dark Tide (http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tide-Great-Boston-Molasses/dp/0807050202) -- it's a great read!


There are a lot of internet resources, but nothing for the mid-grades about this particular american disaster. So...I've written something. It's needs critiqueing -- look out Renee, Tracey, Carolyn and Mary!

2 comments:

cynthea said...

Congrats on finishing your first non-fiction chapter book! Always nice to get something done, isn't it?

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks Cynthea! Is is very nice. It's "out" to my posse of readers at the moment, so I'm waiting to hear what people think. Thanks for stopping by my blog!