Friday, October 8, 2010

Tour Buses and Signed Books

The lovely Jan Brett appeared tonight at our local bookseller, Willow Books.  She was sweet, engaging, and sincere.  My little one and a friend sat in the front row riveted to every word.  Jan's new picture book, The Three Little Dassies, was inspired by a trip to Namibia.

She demonstrated how to draw one of her new characters: a little Dassy from Namibia. 

She signed books, answered questions, and encouraged budding artists.

And then drove away in her super cool book tour bus.  How many authors have tour buses?  Is that not the coolest thing ever?  I want one of those.  Do you think there's a hot tub on board?

There were Dassies being drawn in my house tonight.  My little artist was inspired, and so was I.  Thank you, Jan, for being wonderful.

4 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

No, I could not imagine having my own tour bus. Kinda cool. Beats motels! I was just thinking how I wish I lived closer to civilization so I could see more authors on tour!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

OMG that tour bus is awe inspiring! Thanks for taking a picture. Who would you have illustrate your bus?
That would be a fun one to figure out.

Kristine Asselin said...

I know! Isn't it great! Not sure who would illustrate mine...I love Peter Reynolds illustrations. But there are so many great ones!

Ansha Kotyk said...

I WANT ONE!!!!
Sigh me up for the tour bus thingy!