Friday, November 5, 2010

Life and Death. Literally.

Nothing like the cycle of life to make you sit up and take notice of your daily existence.  Between work, and writing projects, and driving kids, and doing laundry, I feel like sometimes I barely have time to think. But life happens when you're not watching sometimes.

It's been an interesting week for my family. An elderly relative passed away early Wednesday morning--she was only sick for a short time and thankfully didn't suffer long.  And my new niece was born late Thursday night--she is healthy and beautiful as her mother, my sister. 

I'm struck with thinking about things I'm thankful for.  My supportive spouse; my beautifully intense and brilliant child; my health; my wonderful friends (literal and virtual) and family; my co-workers.  I'm thankful for the ability to write down my thoughts and feelings, to vote for elected officials, and to eat ice cream whenever I want.

My wish for my beautiful niece is this, eloquently sung by Le Ann Womack:

7 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for the heartfelt post and video :)

Laura Pauling said...

/sorry to hear that a relative passed away. Never easy. And yes, this is a great month to remember all that we're thankful for!

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks Jess and Laura!

Ansha Kotyk said...

I LOVE that song. And I'm very thankful that you're a friend of mine, Kris.:)

Kristine Asselin said...

Ansha--it's a great one, isn't it? And I'm so thankful for you too!

Kiki Hamilton said...

Hi Kris! Sorry on the passing of the elderly relative but yay! for the new niece. It really is a circle of life, isn't it?

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks Kiki. I appreciate it.