Sunday, March 13, 2011

7 Things

Cambria Dillon--new friend and agent-sister--awarded me this lovely blog-bling last week. It's taken me a few days to accept it, but thank you Cambria! If only she knew that I am so not stylish. No one tell her, okay?



So part of the rules of accepting the award is to share seven things about myself. Yikes. Why does it always take so much thought to think of interesting things about myself? Here goes:

1. In my previous life (i.e., before kids) I was Director of Student Activities at Brandeis University.
2. I once drove through Las Vegas only stopping at a McDonald's restroom.
3. I love Disney World.
4. I've only had a smart phone for three months, but I don't know how I lived without it.
5. I've seen America (the classic rock band famous for SISTER GOLDEN HAIR) in concert over 20 times.
6. During a concert I coordinated as an intern, Meatloaf (yes, the Meatloaf) shouted "F*** You" to me from the stage in a crowded field house.
7. I'm a Girl Scout volunteer and have a troop of 12 Brownies who I adore working with.

So NOT stylish--but hopefully you've learned something about me today. :) Here are my recipients for the award.

Laura Pauling
Carolina Valdez Miller
Julie Musil
Kelly Polark
TerryLynn Johnson
Alicia Gregoire
Krista Van Dolzer

You've all had some impact on me this week as I've started my agent revisions--either by helping me get the word out, having a great blog for writers, sharing an enthusiastic congrats, or just being plain nice.

Here are the rules:

1: Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2: Share seven things about yourself.
3: Award ten recently discovered great bloggers (except I only listed eight because my brain quit on me!)
4: Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Thanks again to Cambria. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

11 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Thanks! you're too sweet.

Julie Musil said...

Kris, you are the sweetest, thanks so much! It doesn't surprise me that you're a girl scout volunteer. You know how you get a feeling about someone? You're a helper type.

Also, I'm not a huge Vegas fan, so in my honest opinion, you didn't miss much :D

Kristine Asselin said...

Aw, thanks guys. You're welcome.

Nicole said...

Congrats on the award :) always lie learning the random things about people *grin*

The Arrival, Book 1 of the BirthRight Trilogy available now

Anita Grace Howard said...

Congrats on the award. Sounds like it's well deserved! And the blog party is a great idea!

I'm finally on blogger and I'm following you now! (no need to enter me in the contest, though; I'm following for the comaraderie.) :-)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Thank you so much, Kristine!! You're so sweet to think of me. Congratulations on your award, too.

And I must say, you are the first person I know to have had Meatloaf talk to them, in any way...ha!

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks for the award, Kris! So excited about all of your great news lately!
(and love the concert stories!!!)

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks Nicole and Anita!

You're very welcome Carolina and Kelly!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks for the award and for the shout-out, Kris!

Alicia Gregoire said...

Thanks so much Kris! Wasn't America the band that did Horse With No Name?

Kristine Asselin said...

You're both welcome, Krista and Alicia.

And yes, Alicia, America sang HORSE WITH NO NAME. Good job!