Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just call me Professor

In spring 2012, I've been asked to deliver a three hour workshop for beginner writers at Mt. Wachusett Community College called "Intro to Writing for Children."

Here's the description: In this three-hour workshop, participants will learn the basic framework for starting a writing career in children’s literature from one author’s perspective. Participants will leave with a comprehensive reading list, a hand-out of recommended websites and writers’ blogs, and an action plan for how to get started in the writing industry. Intended audience: beginners.

We're running it twice, once in February and then repeating it in April.

Call 978-630-9525 to register
Thurs Feb 16 6 – 9 PM
CRN 11346 $39 Devens Campus
Thurs Apr 26 6 – 9 PM
CRN 11348 $39 Devens Campus

I'm just starting to develop the workshop. If anyone is interested in taking it, please let me know if there are any specific points you'd like addressed. I don't see it as a writing class per se--though I may introduce some writing exercises. It's mostly going to be an introduction to the business side of writing. Platform building, self v. traditional publishing, twitter v. facebook, etc.

6 comments:

Anna Staniszewski said...

That's great! Sounds like it'll be full of useful info.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

So cool, Kris. Sounds so fun! I can't wait to keep hearing about it!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I love it! Way to get out there, Kristine. What a great class. I wish I'd had something like this when I was starting out.

Sophia Chang said...

You are living the dream! that's what I hope to do one day when I'm published and legitimated :)

Jonathon Arntson said...

I want to attend!!

Laura Pauling said...

What a great experience, Kris. So proud of you!