Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Where are the Gay Parents in YA Literature


Welcome to the second annual Where are the Gay Parents in Children’s Literature. This year, we’re focusing specifically on YA. My co-host, Jonathon Arnston will be guest blogging here at my blog tomorrow (Wednesday, May 30).

I’ll be posting my own review of Stephanie Perkins’ Lola and the Boy Next Door on Thursday, May 31.

Check out our other participants, posting today:

Shoshana Flax at http://walktheridgepole.blogspot.com/2012/05/where-are-gay-parents-in-ya-lit-on.html about Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy, particularly the first book, The Knife of Never Letting Go.

Alexandra Hudson at www.restorez.blogspot.com about Love Ya Bunches by Lauren Myracle.

Kelly Polark at  http://kpolark.blogspot.com/2012/05/gay-parents-in-ya.html about Pearl by Jo Knowles.

Stephanie Lawton at www.StephanieLawton.com about her own work in progress.

Thanks to all of them for participating! Please check out their blogs and their reviews of these great titles.

If you’d like to check out our book list, click here.

7 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

I'm glad I didn't commit to this, because I am SWAMPED right now, but I will definitely be making time to read the posts.

Thanks, all!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I just came from Kelly's blog. I am totally impressed that you're bringing this to the forefront. I wished I'd have known about it.

Kelly Polark said...

Glad to be a part of this week, Kris! Looking forward to reading the other posts!!

Jonathon Arntson said...

Wee!! I'm excited to post about The King of the Screwups!

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks to everyone who's read our posts, and commented. It's not too late to participate--feel free to post on the topic and let me know. I'll link up to it!

Christina Lee said...

Over from Kelly's blog! *round of applause*

Shoshana said...

I have a feeling I'm going to learn about a lot of good books to recommend this week. Great job putting this together!