Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Author Bio and Cover Art for WORST CASE OF PASKETTI-ITIS

I'm still putting my thoughts together about this past weekend's NESCBWI conference. I'm hoping to have a post and pictures up soon. In the meantime, I wrote my new author bio for the picture book last night. My original one was boring and not kid friendly...so this is what will be in the back of the book.

The blurb for the book:

Pasta is the perfect food! There are so many different varieties! Why should Petunia eat anything else? Her mother, her teacher, and even the lunch-lady, warn that she might turn into pasta if she doesn’t try something new. Could she really turn into pasta? Would it be farfalle? Or maybe fettuccini? Petunia finds out, to her dismay, that “you are what you eat.”

What do you think?

Updated Bio for Worst Case of Pasketti-Itis Author Bio
Kristine Carlson Asselin has been eating pasta for more than 40 years. When she was a little girl, her family ate pasta at least once a week. Her favorite varieties were spaghetti with ketchup and her grandma’s baked macaroni. Kristine’s daughter is the inspiration for Petunia’s case of Pasketti-Itis

Kristine is the author of more than a dozen children’s books for school libraries and classrooms. She lives with her husband and daughter in a suburb near Boston. You can find out more about Kristine on her website (www.kristineasselin.com).

3 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Great author bio. Very professional and suited for the pb. :) yay!!!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

You made it to the conference! I was so hoping to make it this year. Life happened, but I am so attending next year!

I'm with Laura. Awesome bio, especially for a PB. Love that cover, Kristine. :)

Ansha Kotyk said...

I like the new bio too!! And I thought my mom was the only one who liked ketchup on pasta (she'd put it on her mac and cheese!)
HUGS!